Layout

About Me

My photo
I'm Christy. Christian first, wife to a Retired Soldier, mom to 7, our oldest is with the Lord after he called her home against a battle against AML leukemia. I am a Homeschooling/SAHM/Housewife. The biggest blessing in my life is serving The Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a sinner, fail often, but am forgiven.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Growing Wings and Flying

Our goal as parents is to raise our children and have them spread their wings and fly and I have done that now. I have dreaded this day for the last couple of years, the closer we got the more I dreaded it, and as the months dwindled down, the tears came easier and easier and now he's gone. Our oldest son and 2nd oldest left last Saturday afternoon, they went to Colorado to see my oldest sons friend who moved back to Colorado the day after they graduated HS, they spent the night, he had to get a new tire (which sucked since he just got new tires not long ago), then the long drive from Fort Collins to Phoenix, with an unintended trip into Vail lol and him saying "We do NOT belong here"! LOL
My mom and I left the day after/Sunday and we had the delusional idea we could drive straight through, but thankfully by 9 that night (after leaving at 6 AM) we stopped and stayed at a wonderful hotel in New Mexico. We had stopped at various places throughout our first day, and on Monday I saw signs for the Petrified Forest, so we went there and oh how beautiful!! If you are ever in New Mexico, you need to go! What's wonderful is you get some of the painted desert and petrified forest! It's beautiful, and just such a masterpiece of God!!
We arrived in Phoenix Monday night, and my boys arrived 30 minutes after we did. The following day my oldest and I went to his school (UTI) took care of some things, dropped off his belongings that my mom and I brought down for him (his car is small and he couldn't bring much in his car), then back to the condo. My son and his girlfriend came over and we all had dinner and the kids went swimming, well my boys went swimming, the pool was absolutely freezing and so his gf got in and got right back out (smartly lol).
Wednesday my mom and I went to the Botanical Garden in Phoenix and it was hot, but so beautiful. They had just opened up the butterfly house and there were so many butterflies in there! It was beautiful!! Although it was 95 degree's we were so glad we went. We didn't see all of it, but next year when our son graduates, we will be back and wonderfully as we left, we took a short survey and got 2 free tickets (each) that do not expire, so when my husband and other kids come down we can all go back, and see the whole thing!
Thursday my mom and I did some shopping, had a pedicure and manicure, then back to the condo to start packing things up, loading her vehicle, the boys had spent the day together, then both stayed at the condo for the night. It struck me as I was getting ready for bed that night, it was the last night that my oldest would sleep under the same roof as me until the week of Christmas.
We were up early the next morning (I woke up around 5:30 without my alarm going off!) showered, dressed, and woke the boys up at 6, then we were off to the Grand Canyon which was 3 1/2 hours North! The boys followed me and my mom up there. It was a wonderful day, and seeing the Grand Canyon was amazing!
There are no words to describe how beautiful it was and just more examples of God's amazing wonders that He's created!! I was brought to tears by the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest, but the Grand Canyon was just truly beyond words and I was so overwhelmed with emotions. My oldest had been there the summer before, but we went to different areas than what he had seen the year before and we were all just overwhelmed at the beauty!
5:30 we were leaving the park, and drove my son to his car and the tears freely flowed. Saying see you later was so hard. We were ALL crying, hugging, kissing him on the cheek, more hugs, lots more tears, and I had him drive away first, because I couldn't "leave" him. I just couldn't bring myself to do that. I needed him to go and watch his car drive ahead of me. We talked off and on, on his drive back to Phoenix.
We got stuck in traffic just trying to get to Flagstaff. They were tearing down a bridge, so we were eventually forced into one lane (I can't even describe how many semi's were in the mess!) I didn't go more than 5 mph for an HOUR! IT sucked! LOL We got to the bridge, drove up the exit, straight down it, after that it was smooth driving, we drove a couple more hours and then found a motel to crash at for the night. We were all exhausted. We were up by 6 the next morning, dressed, and off to head home. We stopped a few times, and got home at 1:40 AM. I was wiped out. My mom stayed at my house and got up Sunday morning and drove home. I slept in, then took a 3 hour nap with my youngest! Talked to our oldest a couple times on the phone and via text!
It doesn't really feel real that he's really gone yet, I think when he's not home next week it will really hit me, that this is truly REAL. Our family is changing. He's grown and flown. He has said he wants to move back to Kansas after he finishes school, and I'm praying he does. He's thinking around Kansas City. A lot depends on him getting a job and where that is. My cousin was in Phoenix Tuesday-Thursday and we had dinner with him on Wednesday. He gave my son his card and a card for a company that he works with, that may hire my son, if it works with his school schedule. It's in his field that he's planning on going into, so that would be great for him. He's a very hard worker and when he left his job from this summer, his boss tried to talk him into staying. That says a lot, considering he was hired as harvest help, and he told him that if he moves back, just come in and he'll have a job. (It's not in his future field of work, but what a great compliment!)


So here we are. My oldest living baby has started his first steps into true adulthood. He's moved over 1,000 miles away, starts school next week, will hopefully start a job next week, he moves into his apartment tomorrow. I HATE that I'm not going to be there for his orientation and helping him move in and get settled into his apartment, but this is what it is.

I am just praying that he seeks the Lord, leans on HIM, and that his relationship with Jesus will continue to grow. He's had a rough 2 years, making some very bad choices, suffered the consequences of those decisions, and this weekend. 3 of his classmates made a horrible decision and one was shot in the chest and most likely is paralyzed from the chest down, while his cousin and friend and possibly him and another kid will most likely be going to prison. These are all kids who had the world in the palm of their hands. Two were ridiculously talented football players, college football players. A stupid decision and now their lives as they knew it are over. Please join me in praying for them all. Most of all for this young man who was shot, but also for the others.  



                                                         The Painted Desert
                                                          Painted Desert
                                                          Painted Desert
                                                                 Petrified Forest
                                                                  Petrified Forest
                                                            Petrified Forest/Painted Desert
                                                     Son #2 at Grand Canyon
                                              Son #2 and #1 at Grand Canyon
                                                    #2 and #1 at Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon



Blessings......






No comments: