Layout

About Me

My photo
I'm Christy. Christian first, wife to a Retired Soldier, mom to 7, our oldest is with the Lord after he called her home against a battle against AML leukemia. I am a Homeschooling/SAHM/Housewife. The biggest blessing in my life is serving The Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a sinner, fail often, but am forgiven.

Friday, October 10, 2014

A little realism.

What a week we've had. My mother in law passed away, Sunday morning. Her funeral was yesterday. It's been funeral planning, and we still have to help pick our in-laws headstone, tomorrow. (My father in law is still alive, but he's included everyone in all the decisions).
Tonight we're going to go watch our nephew play football, about an hour away. I suggested we go, because he's a Senior and we'll never get the opportunity again, when we live 12 hours away, popping up for a game, just doesn't happen!
Today, I've just been trying to decompress & have a mentally quiet day. I was reading facebook earlier & read a friends status & comments about the friend getting off work early to pick her son up & in the process put stay at home mom's down, then another of her friends chimed in. Honestly, I am so sick of the flipping jealousy. I will not apologize for choosing to stay home with my children. I will not apologize that it's important to my husband that I stay home. We are not rolling in the money, just the opposite actually. It's not a luxury to stay home, it's putting our children as a priority & making sacrifices, many many sacrifices. I believe the Lord called me to be a mother & that job is raising them, he's called me to home school them, etc.
It's time to suck it up people. Quit all the complaining.
There are a lot of things we get no choice about. We had no choice that our daughter died. We had no choice that my husband's momma died. We suck it up. There are many things we DO get to choose though, and if your choice has led to your unhappiness, well accept your roll in that, quit blaming others, who most definitely had no roll in your life circumstances and maybe be happy that others do not share those circumstances, although for all you know, they do, but have found a different way. (Maybe they work 3rd shift, have their kids sleep at Grandma's or have a babysitter, etc) just sitting and judging people without knowing their circumstances, without knowing THEM, doesn't look bad on them, it looks bad on YOU.
Life's hard. It can really suck sometimes.  But we suck it up and keep going.
We praise God for all the blessings we have, and we praise him for the hard times we have as well. We don't deserve a single day as it is. Be thankful.

No comments: