Layout

About Me

My photo
I'm Christy. Christian first, wife to a Retired Soldier, mom to 7, our oldest is with the Lord after he called her home against a battle against AML leukemia. I am a Homeschooling/SAHM/Housewife. The biggest blessing in my life is serving The Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a sinner, fail often, but am forgiven.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Prayers for big changes or not

My husband and I have a big decision to make. He was given the opportunity to have his name put in for a year long job, that will take him to Alaska, his dream. There are obviously multiple pro's and cons. The biggest cons are that he'd be away from us for a year and that next school year is our oldest sons Senior year, so he'd miss out on that time. Everything would be on me, everything. It'd be like a deployment in many manners, except for the fact that he'd still be in the United States, wouldn't have anyone shooting at him, and we'd get to talk to him daily, just have to adjust to the time difference.

The pro's are we'd have our house paid off by the time he came home, because he'd be making over double what he makes now and we'd use that paycheck and pay off the house. I wouldn't need to use the full paycheck, just 98% of it for the house payment (to get it paid off in the year) so we could build our savings account, which would be great. I'd be able to afford to buy us a used 12 or 15 passenger van, that would be so helpful for our family.


Please join me in praying for discernment as we go to the Lord and seek his will for us in this decision. We want to be obedient and truly hear Him.
I don't want to say no, if the Lord has placed this opportunity in front of us. I also don't want to say yes, because I see it as a way to pay off a major thing (our house).
I know it will be hard on our children if he goes, and honestly I worry the most about my teenagers, especially our oldest, knowing our time is so very limited with him.

I know the Lord often places hard decisions in front of us, so we will seek Him more, depend on Him and not on ourselves.

1 comment:

terre said...

any update to this post, christy?

terre