Layout

About Me

My photo
I'm Christy. Christian first, wife to a Retired Soldier, mom to 7, our oldest is with the Lord after he called her home against a battle against AML leukemia. I am a Homeschooling/SAHM/Housewife. The biggest blessing in my life is serving The Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a sinner, fail often, but am forgiven.

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Isaiah 40:11

Being a mom is hard.  It's hard physical work, and even more hard emotional work. For me the hardest thing in the world was burying our daughter, after a 14 month battle against AML leukemia, but that doesn't give me a free pass from other hard parenting moments.
We've had so many challenges face us the last year as parents. We've had a child make one bad choice after another and I just found out more challenges, because of selfish choices have been made by this child.
I feel like a constant failure. We've tried to pour Jesus into this child, into all of our children. I was finally feeling like all this junk was behind us, and then discover no, it's not, not even close.
I keep finding myself in tears today, and I know they will not fix this, they won't help, it's my body, my soul's way of dealing with these choices.
I am crying out to Jesus. Begging Him to guide me, most of all guide my child. I want this child's heart focused on Jesus. I want this child of mine, to not feel like mine as much as Christ's.
I need HIS guidance.
The hardest part of all of this, is finding out my husband has kept it all a secret. I found out today, because I came across a card in his car this afternoon and asked him about it. He has been lying to me, keeping this secret of our child's for months. He keeps saying he told our child to tell me, but my thing is, HE, my husband knowingly kept this secret and actively LIED to me for months, and I don't think he'd have ever told me had I not found the card that I did find. We've been through a lot, and I am not sure when I'll be able to trust my husband again or this particular child.
I am sure that God will use this for me to lean on HIM more.

I'm once again led to my life verse, Isaiah 40:11
"He will tend his flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs in His arms; He will carry them in His bosom, and gently lead those that are with young." 





No comments: