Layout

About Me

My photo
I'm Christy. Christian first, wife to a Retired Soldier, mom to 7, our oldest is with the Lord after he called her home against a battle against AML leukemia. I am a Homeschooling/SAHM/Housewife. The biggest blessing in my life is serving The Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a sinner, fail often, but am forgiven.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Safe Place

I've always wanted my home to be a safe/soft place for my kids and their friends. Over the last few months that's been more and more evident. Tonight one of my oldest sons good friends is staying the night. I don't know all the details of the fight at home, but this 18 year old Senior needed a place, and when he walked in my doors, eyes blood shot from crying, and his frustration and confusion from her anger at him (which we all heard while he was on the phone with my son), my heart ached for him.

Now as a mom of teenagers down to toddlers, I fully admit that I'm that crazy, yelling mom. I will not lie about it. I have been that crazy, screaming, irrational mom, more times than I like to admit. One thing though is that my kids have never found refuge elsewhere. We now at least for tonight have 2, 18 year old boys picking their soft place to fall in my house. I hope for my sons friend, it's just a needed brief diffusion situation and tomorrow he can return home without the drama, and they can calmly talk things out.

We have another who is living with us full time, which has been VERY difficult, and we're learning even more than we already knew the importance of boundaries. Which let me tell you is even more important when you're dealing with an "adult" who is still emotionally around 5 years old, who pouts, who doesn't respect boundaries, who doesn't grasp what seems to be normal common sense. Who is so desperate for a family (more so a dad) that he pushes too hard, too fast and doesn't understand we can't fix his past.

Please pray for "C" who's spending the night tonight and his family, that they all get a needed cooling off period and they can talk things out be work on a healthy relationship between them.
Pray for "J" who's living with us, and we're all adjusting and trying hard.









No comments: