Layout

About Me

My photo
I'm Christy. Christian first, wife to a Retired Soldier, mom to 7, our oldest is with the Lord after he called her home against a battle against AML leukemia. I am a Homeschooling/SAHM/Housewife. The biggest blessing in my life is serving The Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a sinner, fail often, but am forgiven.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

6 Weeks Post Op!!!

I met with my nutritionist, who I won't again for 4 weeks. She was very happy with my progress. I have now lost 33 lbs! I'm averaging 2 lbs a week for the most part. I'm going to be working to up my protein and up working out as well, so that hopefully I can get a couple weeks with a 5 lb loss and get my skins elasticity a better chance. My age helps (under 40), working out helps, eating healthy also helps. Your skin elasticity means that my skin will bounce back and I'll need less surgery to get rid of extra skin. I know there will be a need for some, but hopefully it'll be much less and far more minor.

Right now if I continue at the 2 lb loss I should be at 50 lbs off by the end of July. That will put me at 3 months out, can you imagine 50 lbs off in 3 months? It seems unreal to me, yet motivates me that much more to work harder, continue to eat healthy. Our family as a whole are making changes together. I look forward to my kids simply eating healthier, and being even more active. On Thursday, I'm buying a new bike seat for my bike and for my 6 year olds bike, then we're going to start going on bike rides 3 times a week. I have a seat for my 2 year old on the back of my bike, we also have a bike trailer so as we build up distance, we can hook that up to put the little ones in and go on longer rides.

For today, I am celebrating that I have lost 33 lbs so far and that the number will only grow bigger as the scale number goes down. I have decided since I will not be seen for 6 weeks after Thursday, I'm going to get a scale. Pray for me to not be my normal obsessive self with the scale. I want to only get on the scale every Tuesday morning.

I'll post again after my Thursday appointment with Dr. C. I hope I see the scale go down at least 1 or 2 more numbers!!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Yay for you, Christy, I'm so proud of you for this courageous endeavor and you are in my prayer book for daily prayer and meditation. God is good!

ra.ringer918 said...

Wow, you are doing great Christy! It is so awesome that you are sharing this journey. You are an inspiration! :-)
Stay strong.