Layout

About Me

My photo
I'm Christy. Christian first, wife to a Retired Soldier, mom to 7, our oldest is with the Lord after he called her home against a battle against AML leukemia. I am a Homeschooling/SAHM/Housewife. The biggest blessing in my life is serving The Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a sinner, fail often, but am forgiven.

Friday, August 1, 2014

Goal Met!!

I set a goal of having 60 lbs gone by the end of July and I made it!! Today I got on the scale and found that I lost another 3 lbs from last Thursday, and I have now lost 61 pounds!! I have a goal of 10 more lbs this month. I'd love to see 70 lbs gone. To see my clothes getting smaller. I have noticed my waist is getting smaller, my legs are thinning down, my face has definitely gotten slimmer, and in general I'm getting toner. I still have a long ways to go,  but I will reach my goal. I am hoping that with in the next 18 months I will reach my goal weight, I will be in better shape and health than I've been since I was a teenager. I am not saying I'll be in the same shape, and will not be the same weight as when I was a teen, just that I'll be in the best shape and health since then! I'm 37 years old and have had 6 babies, my hips will NEVER return to where they were at 18, and I'm good with that. I have beautiful babies who changed my body, I just want to be able to keep up with those kiddo's, go biking with them, play ball with them and not be exhausted after a few minutes!

I am so thankful that I decided on having the Sleeve also knows as a GVS (Gastric Vertical Sleeve), for me and my health, this was the best decision I have ever made. My doctor called me yesterday and gave me the results of all my 3 month lab results. Everything looked good, except my iron was low. I am now on liquid iron, I picked up my prescription today. I have to admit, I'm kind of dreading it. I was told to mix it with juice, I don't drink juice, because it has so  much sugar in it, but I'm going to have to drink a little tiny bit of it, so i can get the iron down! Thankfully I just have to start with 1 tsp and then after a week, I'll move up to 2 tsp twice a day!

That's it for now. I'm not sure when I go back to see my doctor, probably in September. I do go to see my nutritionist in August, so I'll be weighed again then, so hopefully I'll see at least 5 more pounds gone by then. I continue to eat right and exercise, and know I'm getting stronger and smaller!!! I'll take new pictures next month.

No comments: