Layout

About Me

My photo
I'm Christy. Christian first, wife to a Retired Soldier, mom to 7, our oldest is with the Lord after he called her home against a battle against AML leukemia. I am a Homeschooling/SAHM/Housewife. The biggest blessing in my life is serving The Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a sinner, fail often, but am forgiven.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

So Close to 70

I'm just 2 lbs away from reaching my 70 lb goal before hitting the 4 month mark since having my surgery! I had an appointment today with my surgeon, he's thrilled with my progress and order a couple more labs. My iron was dangerously low last month, so I had those redone. I've been taking liquid iron, which btw if you've never had the pleasure, is one of the most disgusting things you'll ever taste. I did find that Orange Juice covers the awful taste, so I take 2 tablespoons of iron with about 1 oz of OJ. I can say that having low iron has really taken a big toll on me energy wise, it's called I have none. I am hoping that my iron levels will improve and I will start feeling more energized again. I continue to walk, and weight resistance.
A couple nights ago I was looking at the weight loss surgery page that I follow on FB and a woman who had her surgery after me has reached 100 lbs weight loss. I initially felt down on myself, after finding out she was over 150 lbs larger than I was to begin with, I was able to remind myself, that even if we had started at the same weight and height, we all lose differently, and I've been encouraged by everyone that I'm losing it at a nice and steady speed, and there's never been a time in my life that I have lost 68 lbs in 16 weeks! That's huge!
Today, I saw a friend who I hadn't seen all summer, when I took my oldest to ballet. Her reaction was so encouraging to me. She said I looked like a different person. I don't always see the transformation when I look in the mirror. I see a difference, but not quite the drastic one that others see. She said I look even smaller in person than the pictures I post.
I am so thankful that the Lord provided me with this surgery. It's saved and is saving my life. I know so many people think I took the "easy" way out in losing weight. You know what, I do not care what they think. This surgery was only a tool, if I don't eat correctly, if I don't work out, then the tool of surgery will fail.
No one has said anything negative to me about WLS, but if they did, they'd get educated quickly, and if they were rude and nasty,they'd be out of my life. We all have a journey to health. For me a part of that journey has been Gastric Vertical Sleeve surgery, and I'm forever grateful and happy I chose this route. I did nearly 5 years of research. I spent a great deal of time praying, seeking words of wisdom who had their own WLS. I tried time and time again to do it without surgery, only to fail and gain more weight than I had lost. I have no regrets. If you are looking at having WLS, please feel free to contact me. I'll share very honestly my personal experience. I am only almost 4 months out, but can share pre surgery what I had to do and what it's been like since having surgery.

No comments: