Layout

About Me

My photo
I'm Christy. Christian first, wife to a Retired Soldier, mom to 7, our oldest is with the Lord after he called her home against a battle against AML leukemia. I am a Homeschooling/SAHM/Housewife. The biggest blessing in my life is serving The Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a sinner, fail often, but am forgiven.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day 13

Today was a good day. I put on a pair of jeans that the last time I wore before my surgery, I couldn't zip up and button and when I could even do that, they were so tight, it was painful. Today, not only did they go on easily, they were really comfortable, and actually slightly big. My guess is that I may be able to wear them for another week or two and then they're just not going to be able to stay up. I don't know if many can understand how exciting it is to think that shortly I'll be wearing smaller sizes, sizes that I have not fit into in years!!!

I go back to see my doctor on Thursday and will be weighed once again and see how much the scale has moved. I do not have a scale here at home, so I have no idea what it's going to say. I have to admit that I'm terrified it won't be at all, since I'm able to eat a little more now. Trying to focus on what I am eating, is much healthier for me, I eat about 1/16th if even that of what I used to eat. I know these fears are just years of fighting weight rearing it's ugly head. I know it's going to keep coming off and I have to trust and remember I'm doing everything I'm supposed to, I hope that as the weight comes off and I see the difference in how my clothes fit, that a lot of these thoughts will go. The mind is one of the biggest things that has to change. The eating, drinking habits are actually  much easier than the thoughts going through my head.

Well, I need to get to sleep. Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend from my hometown, who's bringing our family a new kitten! She's a little calico kitten. The kids are all excited. I'm excited! We've had 3 cats (Whiskers is still alive) but we have never had a kitten, so the kids are thrilled and honestly I think I am just as excited as they are to welcome her into our family, kittens are just fun! She will hands down be a very loved sweet girl. We are debating a name for her between 2, so we've decided to wait until she's home to make the final decision. One is Cali (short for calico) and the other is Schatze ( German for sweetheart). I think most of us are learning towards Schatze, but we'll see what fits her once we meet her and love on her for a while. Who knows maybe a new name will come up and it'll be perfect!

No comments: