Layout

About Me

My photo
I'm Christy. Christian first, wife to a Retired Soldier, mom to 7, our oldest is with the Lord after he called her home against a battle against AML leukemia. I am a Homeschooling/SAHM/Housewife. The biggest blessing in my life is serving The Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a sinner, fail often, but am forgiven.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Day 4

It's almost 3 AM, I can not sleep and I didn't really nap, so not sure what's going on. I had a harder day emotionally, just did not feel supported by my family, although I needed them. I was in a good deal of pain for most of the day and evening, mostly from where the drain was removed from my stomach on Thursday. I walked more than any other day so far. Trying not to go overboard, and not doing enough.
I drank all my water plus some. I also had my protein drink and added whey protein powder so I had an extra 6 grams of protein on top of the 40 that's in my drink as it is.
I am finding that for the most part it's not as hard as I thought it'd be, although about 10 or 11 tonight, I was really, sincerely hungry, but knew I couldn't eat anything, so I just kept drinking my little 1 oz medicine cup of water. There's nothing else I can do. I just have to suck it up, I did not go through this drastic surgery to screw things up and give in.
Speaking of food though, have any of you ever paid attention to how many food commercials there are on tv? Seriously, they are constant. It's annoying. I also know I really have to change my way of thinking. So much of my thinking has gone back to food. I have to break that. It's just facts here. I did not get this fat, because I didn't think about food or eat a lot of crap. I ate a lot of good stuff, too, but it can not be the center of my thoughts any more. It's hard to even admit that, but if I'm going to be real and truly change my life, I have to change my focus.
Starting tomorrow morning, I want to go back to doing something I used to do and it truly helped my day. Reading my bible, reading God's word. Even if the kids are up and going, I can spend 5 or 10 minutes and just read and spend time in prayer before my feet hit the floor to start the day. I want the Lord to be my focus for each day and let him guide me. I want my thoughts to go to the Lord and not food.
I hope tomorrow I can walk a little further, be more open with my family on what I need, and most of all have my time with the Lord.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The food commercials are a killer aren't they!