Layout

About Me

My photo
I'm Christy. Christian first, wife to a Retired Soldier, mom to 7, our oldest is with the Lord after he called her home against a battle against AML leukemia. I am a Homeschooling/SAHM/Housewife. The biggest blessing in my life is serving The Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a sinner, fail often, but am forgiven.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 14

Tomorrow morning I have my 2nd appointment with my doctor/surgeon. I am very excited and nervous to get on the scale. EG my 6 year old told me that my stomach looks a lot smaller, I can see it, yet it's hard to wrap my brain around that it really IS getting smaller. I'm walking more. Normally I wait for Chad, but today knowing we had a busy evening, I just went on a 2 mile walk and not only was it a great walk, cleared my mind, and honestly it was easy. I will be slowly challenging myself. I am hoping that I can get a Fit bit. It'll be exciting and I think very encouraging to see how many steps, how many miles, etc that I've done, how I'm sleeping, etc.

Tonight our 2nd son, "JT" is playing baseball and had a scrimmage tonight. His team won. I love a scrimmage, before the actual season starts, it helps the coach see their strengths, weaknesses. The kids worked well together, their coach coached! He didn't scream at them, but told them how to fix things and patted their backs on the good. It was nice to see. We're going to be working with JT on things we saw he needs to work on, so hopefully between what we do with him and what he does in practice will get him to a better place. Tomorrow we're starting! When I go for my walk, he's going to join me and he's going to do sprints every other block, to help with his speed.  I'm hoping on Saturday we can go to the baseball fields and practice throwing, catching, and hitting. I know that working with him, will not only benefit him, it'll be good for me as well.

Our new family member, our kitten, Schatze is so sweet. Yesterday she spent a great deal of her day hissing at us and of course just being scared. Her whole little life has been turned upside down. Taken away from her momma, her siblings, her home that she knew. Today, she's been running all over the house, cuddling with the kids willingly, enjoying being outside, doing great eating and using the litter box without any issues and no accidents. That's one of the best things with cats, they house train so easily. What cracks all of us up the most is that our older cat, Whiskers is normally not a fan of other cats, or other animals in general. Yesterday, when Schatze and Whiskers met, Schatze hissed and batted at Whiskers. Whiskers has sniffed at her, but has no growled or done anything aggressive. I honestly don't think she knows what to think or do with Schatze. Today they seemed to get along for the most part. Schatze still hissed at her, but no batting at her and her hissing wasn't as loud or long! I really do hope they will to at least mutually like each other, if not love each other. What I do know is that Schatze seems to love me. When she comes to me, she wants to be comforted and normally falls asleep very quickly. She's such a sweet baby!

Time to try to get to sleep and so I can get a good nights sleep.

No comments: