Layout

About Me

My photo
I'm Christy. Christian first, wife to a Retired Soldier, mom to 7, our oldest is with the Lord after he called her home against a battle against AML leukemia. I am a Homeschooling/SAHM/Housewife. The biggest blessing in my life is serving The Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a sinner, fail often, but am forgiven.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

There are Just Sacred Days....this is mine

May 8, 2000 5 AM EST my world stopped, my heart broke, my soul changed. My little girl went to Heaven, after 14 months of fighting for her life.

There was rarely a time my beautiful girl didn't have a smile on her face. We were so blessed with our beautiful girl. Normally on this day, I like to just stay home, avoid the world, and sleep as much as possible. Unfortunately, I can't do that tomorrow, well at least in the morning, because I have a doctors appointment with my surgeon and then with my nurse. They are calling for storms tomorrow and honestly, I'm good with that. I just like when it rains on this day, it honestly encourages me to be a hermit and not even feel bad that I'm not outside. Hopefully when I get home from the doctors, I can just curl up and be smothered by my babies, let the tears flow, and just be.

It's amazing to be to think that our beautiful girl has been with Jesus for 14 years, right there in his awesome presence. To think that she's able to worship him, right at his feet, to be in his Holy presence. So amazing. In all of my awe, it doesn't make me miss her any less. I am so very thankful, though, that when she left my arms she went straight to our Lord.

I cling to my favorite verse: Isaiah 40:11

He will tend his flock like a shepherd;
he will gather the lambs in his arms;
he will carry them in his bosom,
and gently lead those that are with young.


No comments: