Layout

About Me

My photo
I'm Christy. Christian first, wife to a Retired Soldier, mom to 7, our oldest is with the Lord after he called her home against a battle against AML leukemia. I am a Homeschooling/SAHM/Housewife. The biggest blessing in my life is serving The Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a sinner, fail often, but am forgiven.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 5 ...Surviving

Lets just start off being really, real. This is really, really hard. Really hard. I KNEW it was going to be hard, but until you have gone through it, you can't truly understand it. I KNOW it will be worth it. I'm on a clear liquid diet right now, which consists of a protein drink that's 20 oz and so it takes me all day to drink, I add a packet of whey protein to it,to give me a little more protein. I drink water, at least 64 oz., drink/eat chicken broth. Let me just say, it sucks. I'm hungry, pretty well all the time. I pray honestly that God will continue to give me strength and I know he'll make it easier, day by day.

Tonight the hubby and I went on a walk. We started off going for one block, and after that I felt like I could go further. We did 2 blocks and by then I was pretty sore. It felt good though, to go further than I thought I could and to stop when I knew I needed to. Tomorrow the goal is the same 2 blocks and hopefully in a couple of days I can add an additional block.
Tomorrow, I'm staying home from church, while the rest of the family goes. JT was invited to a swimming birthday party, so hubby is going to take him and the rest of the kids to swim as well.
Today I decided not to take any pain medication. It wasn't too bad. I still hurt, mostly where my drain was, but at this point, it's no worse than healing from a c-section.

I really don't want this blog to be all about my surgery and recovery, but right now, that's what it is. As I get to be more mobile, and not so focused on being hungry all the time, I will branch out!
Right now, I feel like I'm just surviving.  I am hoping tomorrow will be a bit easier, that my stomach will not constantly be growling. I'm not going to hold my breath, although hopefully since I got some sugar free popcicles and jello that will help.

No comments: